To add a “tickler” or reminder to follow up on an email in Microsoft Outlook 2010 you can :
Flag an email in Outlook by :
- Finding where it says “Follow up” and clicking Add Reminder.
- Then set a date.
Use your calendar, instead by
- creating a “meeting.”
- click “Cancel Invitation.”
- Now the appointment shows only on your calendar.
- Now, set the date and time that you want to do this by clicking the downward pointing triangle to the right of “Start time:” and the date:
- Next, click on whatever date you want. Next, click the time you want to start, and end, this “meeting.”
- Almost done. This is the real “tickler.” You can set a “Reminder” that will pop up on your screen to tell you that you need to “do” or “follow up” on this “meeting.”
- Finally, click “Save and Close” and that’s it – you’re done! You’ve successfully added a reminder to follow up on an email!J
By default, this will send them an appointment to add to their calendar. If you don’t want to include the sender in the “meeting,” you can :
Sometimes (as in, when using an IMAP connection) the “Add Reminder” option isn’t available, like this :